Frequently Asked Questions
What are your candles made with?
- 100% USA Grown Soy Wax
- Phthalate-free premium essential oil and fragrance oil blends
- Zinc-free, lead-free cotton wicks and wood wicks
- All of our supplies are purchased in the United States
- We choose to work with soy wax for a variety of reasons. We love that it's renewable.We love that it burns cleaner and longer than paraffin. We love that it is biodegradable and cleans up with plain old soap and water. And mostly, we love working with soy because it's a natural and non-toxic product that we can touch with our hands every day.
How do I care for my candles?
- Trim wick to 1/4” before each lighting and anytime the wick starts flickering.
- Be sure you allow the wax to melt to the edges of the jar each time you burn your candle. This is especially important on the first burn as soy wax has a "memory" and will only burn to the point of the previous burn.
- Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- We absolutely recommend re-using our glass containers for a host of green applications ranging from bud vases to pencil cups, succulents or just recycle! When a 1/4" or wax remains, discontinue use of candle. Dump the wax out and wipe clean. Soap and water can then be used to remove the wax residue. We do not recommend “re-filling” our glassware with other candles. The glass may have developed invisible stress fractures during handling and clean-out, rendering it unsuitable for further safe use as a candle container.
- Please allow 1-3 days for your items to be carefully packaged and shipped out.
- We offer $6 flat rate shipping on all orders under $50. Please allow 2-8 business days (depending on your location) for shipping.
- Free shipping is offered on orders over $50 (excluding taxes).
- Once your package is with the carrier, the delivery status is out of our control. Wanderlust Scents LLC is not responsible for missing or stolen packages, please contact the carrier.
- Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
- Refunds are processed on unused, undamaged products only. Please return your items back to us in the original packaging and ensure that the shipment is carefully packed, as we're unable to process refunds on items that arrive broken.
- Refunds are applied to returned product only and do not cover any original shipping fees. As a small, growing business, we are currently unable to pay for return shipping. Once submitted, refunds typically return to the original payment method within 3-10 business days. We do not refund gift cards.
- If your order arrived damaged or if you're experiencing an issue with your product, please include photos and a detailed description in your email, and we'll get started on your exchange or replacement order ASAP.